
Dear Mr.Mathews,
I'm still unsure about what kind of day today has been. Not in the bad day-good day sense. In the satisfying-unsatisfying sense. I know it has't been a particularly productive day. All I've managed to do was around half of my history project. Yet, I'm not exactly unsatisfied. I've done some other stuff. Gone to the market with Dad. Talked a bit to Grandad. Had a singing class. Went for a walk with Dad. Not too bad. Of course, that's not to say that I'm going to keep spending time this way. This weekend hasn't been too great work wise. I swear to God, myself and you that I'll start working tomorrow onwards.
Singing class was okay...I hadn't practiced...kept getting stuck. As usual, Ma'am didn't yell at me. This week I will practice. I swear.A few times, i got a bit angry with Ma'am. She couldn't exactly read my mind, could she? but I still got mad. I tried to suppress it. Reminded myself of all the times I hadn't practiced and she never scolded me. Kind of worked. These bouts of anger usually last about a minute each. Today they were about a few seconds. Looking forward to the day I won't have them at all.
Grandad had lunch with us today, because it's a Sunday. I felt a strong urge to establish some sort of a bond with him. Not the first time I've felt this. But it's impossible. He's maybe scared of creating a bond with me. Because I get mad so often. Then again, he doesn't have a bond with anyone. Not even his sons.
Walk with Dad was good.Great, actually. Told him the plot of our film. He said it was morbid, sadistic, things he didn't like...said he supposed everyone had to grow through these phases. But apart from that, he said it was 'a damn good plot'. Pointed out a few flaws, which I will keep in mind for my next crime fiction work. Dad seems to like a lot of my work nowadays...have to get him to like my schoolwork too.
Dad said maybe I was distracted now. Because I couldn't do a few Physics sums(Okay, they were pretty easy sums, but...!). Mom and he think it's because of my seven projects and the film. I know better. Okay. so maybe I am a bit obsessed with you. So what? I'm a kid! And this 'obsession' is having having far more good outcomes than bad.
Grandmom was the first to notice my 'change' today. no one had noticed before her. Felt great. i lied a bit...told her that it was all happening subconsciously. She didn't believe me. It was good, in a way. Hope more people notice. Not that I'm doing it to get noticed, but it's nice to get noticed all the same.
"Prayers For Rain"....pretty bad name....till now, at least. The book is nice. Slow, but nice. Unreal, though. Still trying to figure out the characters. The book doesn't exactly make you die of suspense for the next bit...it's more of a passive read. That was one good thing about "Crisis". Whatever the writing, however flimsy the plot, and however much of a fly-by-night-operator Robin Cook seemed, the suspense killed you. Which is why the end was even more disappointing, I guess. "Kite Runner" sucked. Typical sob story, morals, meaning, blah blah blah. Personally, I thought not one character in the book deserved respect. Except maybe Soraya. And she's not even an important character. Plot was pathetic,not even believable...twists were predictable...book was trash. Don't understand what appealed to Allie. Or the rest of the world.
Luce is doing the "White Tiger". Dad says very few books can be that bad. I believe him. what is the world coming to?
Sally doing "Illusions". Is that a relief? Hell, yeah! Finally a worthwhile book! Dad hated Richard Bach. For once, I disagree with him. All Bachs are geniuses...Johann Sebastian Bach...Richard Bach...err...I don't know anymore Bachs...:)
I love the fact that both you and I have the initials JM.
Thanks for listening,
Yours,
Janhabi
No comments:
Post a Comment